Can I gain sole custody if the father is in prison? Posted on August 15, 2011

My ex husband is in prison for sex crimes. He was put in prison in 2005. I have since remarried and have moved on with my life. My 9 year old has no wanting to even talk to his biological father. I want to go for sole physical custody of my son, What are my chances of gaining this in N.C. His father is not set to be released until 2020 and my son will already be 18 years old. Is it possible the judge will order me to take my son 4 hrs away for a 15 min visitation if I am living now in TX 3 days away? Any help would be great.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: