Can I gain re-entry after being deported? 1 Answers as of August 12, 2010

I was deported over a year ago. My wife and son are U.S. citizens. I have a clean record and an old I-130 that was approved but I was not able to finish the process because I was out of the country. How can I re enter to be with my wife and son once again? What process do I need to go through? Can you help my case? Thank you!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Dear Sir,

I would have to know a great deal more about your case to be able to tell you more of what you can do. Feel free to contact me, I will be glad to help.

In the meantime, I will say that you are in a difficult position. Normally, once a person is deported, there is a ten year ban on any ability to apply for a waiver of his deportability. However, there are exceptions under section 212 (a) of the Immigration and Naturalization Act (INA). That comes in the course of an application for cancellation of removal. Just give me a call.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/12/2010
Click to View More Answers: