Can I gain physical custody of my child if we modify the court order? 1 Answers as of July 29, 2011

I have a current court order in mercer county pa giving joint legal custody of my child to loco parents. They have physical custody. She is 16 and wants to live with me. We just had a modification hearing, can they notarize a statement if we agree on arrangements for me to have physical custody of her to enroll her into school with out going to court?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of John J. Ferry, Jr.
Law Offices of John J. Ferry, Jr. | John J. Ferry, Jr.
Rather than a homemade agreement, which will be of questionable value at best, you should ask an attorney to draft a custody stipulation agreement. Once signed by all parties it can be made an order of court without having to physically go to any conferences or hearings. (NOTE: this may depend on local practice and rules in your county.)
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 7/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: