Can I gain dual citizenship? 2 Answers as of July 01, 2011

I am a German citizen. I was married to a U.S. citizen from 2006 until 2008. The green card process therefore came to a hold. Now I live on an E2 Visa in the United States. We have a 4 year old daughter and I was wondering if I could change from an E2 to a dual citizenship status, especially since I would like to support and see my child grow up in the long run.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Your spouse is allowed to sponsor you for a green card. You must obtain permission from the German government first or they will automatically revoke your German citizenship!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/1/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You can change your citizen to become a legal permanent resident and after the statutory period then file for your citizenship.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: