Can I fly with an expired J1 visa? 2 Answers as of June 16, 2011

I have a valid passport but in over a year expired J1 visa & I want to travel to fly to anther state. Is that going to cost me problem in the airport or with the immigration center in the airport?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
It is rare but sometimes TSA agents ask to see proof of lawful presence in the US so there is a risk that you will be detained.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
It might. There is security at airports. They may check your status. Fly at your own risk.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: