Can I fix my residency status after being married to a US citizen for 4 years? 5 Answers as of January 26, 2011

I came to USA when I was 19 now I have been married with a US citizen for 4 years. Can I fix my status here?

It depends on whether you originally entered the U.S. legally or not. Generally if you entered without documentation your case must be processed overseas and with your four year overstay a waiver would be required. These are approvable though and just require a strong case and good attorney to pull it all together for you. The only exception to this rule of having to go overseas is if you can show eligibility under one of the older amnesty programs such as 245(i).

Contact me for a consultation and we can review your case and the best way to proceed, procedures, fees, and timing. F
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
If you entered the US legally yes.
Hugo Florido ESQ.
Hugo Florido ESQ. | Hugo Florido
Yes, absolutely.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
It depends. If you entered the U.S. With inspection, parole, or other type of admission, then you may adjust in the U.S. However, if you did not then you may have the option of consular processing.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You can fix your status if you entered the US with inspection.