Can I fix my husbands immigration papers? 2 Answers as of May 02, 2011

I want to know if there is a way can fix my husband’s papers. He was illegal in the US and we got married in the US. Now he is in México and I want to file his documents to fix his papers. About 4 years ago he got caught twice crossing the border. Is there a possibility he can fix his papers?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Unfortunately, your husband has to wait 10 years in Mexico without returning to the US, then apply for hardship waiver.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/2/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
In order to properly assess his options we will need a copy of his prior deportation orders as well as any criminal conviction documents that may have triggered the deportation. We will also need to know his complete immigration history. We would be happy to begin the process with you to determine what if anything is possible if you would like to call my office and schedule a consultation. If you do not have copies of these documents the first step will be to file a Freedom of Information Act request to obtain a copy of the governments files on him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: