Can I fix my boyfriends citizenship papers if we are get married? 2 Answers as of August 08, 2011

Ive been going out with my boyfriend for 7 mths and we want to get married, the thing is that he is an illegal imm. He had a visa but expired a yr ago and he was caught crossing the border in 2010 and again this yr. I am a us citizen living in TX, is there a possiblity that I can fix his papers if we got married?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It is possible, but it depends on his immigration violations. He may need to apply for the immigrant visa at his home consulate with a waiver.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/8/2011
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
Before you file anything, an immigration lawyer needs to assess if your boyfriend is subject to 212a9C.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: