Can I fix my boyfriend's papers after we get married? 1 Answers as of November 07, 2017

My fiance and I will soon be getting married. He is not a resident from here and I'm wondering if I can fix his papers. My husband has tickets and I believe 2 misdemeanors and warrants for his arrest. My question is, is it possible for me to fix his papers and what needs to be done first? Should we get married and then file for his papers or should we get married, pay his tickets, and then file?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Significantly more information is needed in order to provide a legal analysis of steps that may be appropriate to attain Lawful Permanent Resident status (a "Green Card") for your fiance. This includes, for example, information about your own immigration status (Are you a U.S. citizen? Are you a Permanent Resident? Do you have some other status?); information about your fiance (How and when did he enter the U.S.? What immigration-related applications every before have been filed by or for him?); What are the details about his criminal offenses (what type of offenses? What did the court order in connection with his misdemeanors? What are the outstanding arrest warrants about?), Etc. There really is no substitute for you and your fiance to consult with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant information, could advise about eligibilities, options and strategies to attain your goals, and who then could offer legal representation in the often complex application process.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 11/7/2017
Click to View More Answers: