Can I fire my attorney after pretrial and get a refund for my money taken? 2 Answers as of February 03, 2017

I just hired a lawyer and I'm really unhappy with the service they didn't fight for my sentence. They knew I'd be let off easy but yet they took my money.

James Sterling Lawrence, Attorney at Law | James Sterling Lawrence
You can fire the attorney but you will not get a refund. If you believe the attorney has failed to do his job you can sue him for either malpractice, or violation of your contract for representation (whether written contract or oral contract). The attorney actually did show up, and probably said something in court, so I can't see how he violated the contract to represent. That leaves you with malpractice. If you got let off easy, then you have no damages, so even if there was malpractice you could not collect much. You can always request a refund from the attorney, but as an attorney, I would not give a refund to someone where I actually showed up and did the job. If you do not like the job the attorney did you can try to sue, but your chances of a worthwhile recovery do not look good to me. If you believe the attorney violated the rules of ethics you can complain about him to the Attorney Grievance Commission, and they will decide whether the attorney's actions are so contrary to the rules of ethics for attorneys that they would file a complaint against him with the Attorney Discipline Board. Good luck.
It would depend on the fee agreement, but they certainly earned at least part of the fee before sentencing.