Can I find a bankruptcy attorney to help with a Chapter 11 case? 9 Answers as of February 09, 2011

Looking for a chapter 11 attorney to help with the case. We will do all the paperwork but just need help to file it

Judith A. Runyon, Esq. Attorney at Law
Judith A. Runyon, Esq. Attorney at Law | Judith A. Runyon
Look in the yellow pages or online.
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
I am certified by the State Bar of California as a Specialist in Bankruptcy Law. I currently am employed as counsel for the debtor in more than thirty active Chapter 11 cases. 6 of my eight Associate Attorneys work primarily on Chapter 11 cases. We can help you with any Chapter 11 matter.

I am skeptical about your statement that you "will do all the paperwork but just need help to file it." There is a lot of paperwork involved in a typical Chapter 11 case, as well as numerous meetings and Court Appearances. Still, I am always happy to offer a free consultation with regards to any bankruptcy matter. Call me: 310 271-6223 if you want to arrange a free consultation with regards to your potential Chapter 11 matter.
Law Office of Harry L Styron
Law Office of Harry L Styron | Harry L Styron
I can handle a Chapter 11. However, because the bankruptcy court holds me responsible for anything which is filed in the case, and because the attorney in the case has an obligation to the creditors as well as to the debtors, while I have no problem with you developing the information that is necessary to file the case and create a disclosure statement and plan, everything that is done will need to satisfy me. If you want to go forward, please call my office to discuss a retainer.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
You need an attorney to represent you in Chapter 11. The court will not approve a non-lawyer to represent themselves in chapter 11 pro se.
I do not do Chapter 11 filings and I would strongly suggest you find an experienced bankruptcy attorney to assist you with all aspects of your case. I suggest contacting your local bar association for assistance in locating an attorney to help you.
    Look in the website of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys or the American Bankruptcy Institute website. It is unlikely that you will find a lawyer that will let you do the paperwork yourself and just file it for you. In Chapter 11 the attorney technically represents the bankruptcy estate. It is very expensive and time consuming case plus the number of lawyers that do those types of cases is limited and many do not take small cases without a substantial retainer. If you already had a consultation with an attorney that handles Chapters 7 and 13 then ask that attorney for a referral in your area. Good luck.
    Uriarte & Wood, Attorneys at Law
    Uriarte & Wood, Attorneys at Law | Robert G. Uriarte
    if you are an individual debtor, you can have an attorney assist as long as the arrangements and pre-petition payments to such counsel are disclosed. If the debtor is a corporation, it must be represented by counsel.
    The Orantes Law Firm
    The Orantes Law Firm | Giovanni Orantes
    There are a few attorneys in Los Angeles who handle Chapter 11 cases; however, they are very rare compared to attorneys who handle Chapter 13 and even more rare as compared to Chapter 7 attorneys. My firm does represent Chapter 11 debtors (and creditors, as well), in cases for both individuals and business entities. We offer a free 1 hour interview even for Chapter 11 cases, but I would never recommend any person, including non-Chapter 11 attorneys, to attempt to handle the case himself or herself.