Can I find an attorney familiar with California three strike law? 9 Answers as of December 10, 2010

Can you please help us. We must find an attorney familiar with three strike law in California. How can we find one? We do not want to have to use the public defender for him again.

Please feel free to call our office. We have handled dozens and dozens of three strikes cases or contact another State Bar Certified Criminal Law Specialist.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Most criminal attorneys in California should be familiar with the three strikes law. You can find an attorney from the state bar, over the interment, or phone book in the area where the case is pending.
Law Office of Joseph Galasso
Law Office of Joseph Galasso | Joseph Galasso
I have done numerous three strikes matters with great success. So far, I have yet to have a client get sentenced to life on a three strikes matter.

One of the keys to fighting a three strikes matter is to show that the accused is not just a criminal. Show that they have a loving family, a support system, a job, prospects on the outside, they were hindered by a terrible drug addiction, they were abused/ molested as a child, etc. You want the judge to understand that they have not burned all their bridges, there is still hope for them to be a productive member of society.

With this knowledge, their current charge, the factual situation of their strike priors, how old the priors are, how long they did in prison, how many times they have been to prison, how long they have been out of prison, etc are also very important factors in three strikes matters.
Wise Law Group
Wise Law Group | Michael J. Wise, Esq
I am very familiar with Californias Three Strike law. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Hale Law Group
Hale Law Group | Joshua D. Hale
Most attorneys are familiar with the law. Every attorney including myself need more information to give you a synopsis of what this person is facing.

Call me if you want more information.
    Most criminal defense attorneys can assist you with this. Yes you will need an attorney with this due to the potential third strike he is looking at.
    Familiarity with the 3 Strikes law is not your issue, that is a given for experienced defense counsel, and merely one of the facts that they have to deal with in representing a repeat offender. It matters in sentencing, if convicted, or in plea bargaining. Motions to strike the strikes are part of the process.

More importantly, if you qualify for the Public Defender, you are not likely to be able to afford private counsel. In any felony, especially a 3rd Strike case with 25 to Life outcome upon conviction, you can expect to spend several tens of thousands of dollars in attorney fees, minimum, cash up front, if your goal is to fight it and take it to trial through that long and grinding process. This is not a pro bono business; that is what Public Defenders are for, paid by all our taxes. They dont hold your hand through the process, thats what you pay private counsel to do, but PDs are qualified and competent attorneys.

With all that in mind, if you are serious about hiring private counsel, and are ready willing and financially able to do so, feel free to contact me.