Can I file to remove CR1 conditions if I'm outside of the US? 1 Answers as of June 23, 2011

I am a Green Card holder with Conditions (CR1). My US citizen husband is away from the US for the next 2 years on company assignment. I myself have entered the US got my green card and left to Australia as my daughter goes to school there. Can we file for removal of conditions while not maintaining physical presence in the US due to my husbands work abroad? We are and will be still married, file taxes and have joint bank accounts. We intend to live permanently in the US down the line in 3 years. Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
If your husband is working overseas for US company(must meet specific requirements) and you live together with him in that country, you will be eligible to file to naturalization immediately without waiting for the two year to remove the condition. There is also no physical presence requirement. This may be complicated and you should consult immigration lawyer with experience in this area.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/23/2011
Click to View More Answers: