Can I file a summary dissolution? 3 Answers as of March 16, 2011

My husband and I want to get divorce. Can I file a summary dissolution? I do not own any R/E and have no children. I don't know if he owns any. He told me he does not own any. Will the court check to see whether he owns any R/E (house)? Actually I do not care he owns or not.....I do not want to get anything from his house (e.g community assets or interest)....but, just curious....How do I know he lies to me (even I do not care?)

Also, when we (my husband and I) prepare FL -150 and 160, do we need to provide copies of paystub or bank statements to each other? Do we need to provide a copy of each (forms and supporting info) to the court?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser | Donald F. Conviser
Read the Summary Dissolution Information Booklet, Form FL-810, and the Joint Petition for Summary Dissolution of Marriage, FL800, to determine whether you qualify for a Summary Dissolution. The Court doesn't check to see if your husband owns a house, but you should. Each of you should provide your own FL-150 and any documents it requires as attachments. You should jointly complete the 3 pages of worksheets in the FL-810. Remember that a Summary Dissolution is a joint effort. If you and your husband don't agree about whether or not your case qualifies for a Summary Dissolution, or if you want Spousal Support (you should consult with an experienced Family Law Attorney to determine whether you would qualify for Spousal Support), you don't have to do a Summary Dissolution. What you need to provide to the Court is addressed in the FL-810.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/16/2011
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
If you have been married less than 5 years, you probably can and should file a "Summary Dissolution". You start this will FL-800
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/15/2011
Christine D. Thielo
Christine D. Thielo | Law Office of Christine D. Thielo
What county are you filing or did you filed your Summary Dissolution? If you are in either San Bernardino Couny, Los Angeles County or Riverside County you may be able to have a conference with Attorney Thielo so that she may get more information from your case to adequately give you advise.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: