Can I file a report for someone selling my property at a lawn sale who wasnt asked to sell it? Posted on August 13, 2011

Today my friend and I had a lawn sale at his family’s yard. His family was also having a lawn sale but we were doing our own sales. My friend and I had walked a way to for 10mins and left his 12yr old son Alex to watch and sell our stuff. I had a GPS system I was selling for 30 dollars. While I was away someone asked about the GPS and Alex wasn’t sure how much and told them I would be back if they would like to wait. The customer took the GPS to the friends family’s lawn sale and asked how much? His Aunt told them 10 dollars. Alex over heard and told her no it was more than 10 dollars. She ignored him and sold it anyway. Is it considered against the law to sell someone else’s property? If so can I file a police report?