Can I file a perjury charge on someone? 3 Answers as of March 13, 2012

Can I file a perjury charge on someone and their witness who won a protective order against me or will the court view the perjury charge as harassment and retaliation?

Williams & Pine, LLC | Wallace J. Williams
Only a district attorney can bring criminal charges of that nature. However, if the perjury was a false statement about you then you may be able to bring a civil suit for slander. You will need to speak with an attorney regarding the slander suit, as this can be a complicated area of law.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
You can talk to the police and DA about filing a perjury charge on someone but one of them has to file the actual charge.
A criminal perjury charge will typically be brought by the government. However, you may be able to bring a civil perjury charge. Here is my question: If you have the evidence to prove that a person committed perjury, why did you not present that evidence to your attorney at the TPO hearing in order to get the TPO dismissed? If you did not have an attorney, your question now is academic because you are probably not going to go out and retain an attorney to bring the perjury charge. As for you doing it yourself, you see where that got you in the TPO hearing. Conversely, if you did not have the evidence at the hearing, then you probably do not have the evidence now, despite the fact that you think what you have may be evidence of perjury. You need to consult an experienced attorney. It does not matter that you speak English and everyone is speaking English in the courtroom.