Can I file only I130 for my parents while they visit me on tourist visa but then once it is approved they will do consular processing? 10 Answers as of August 02, 2013

Definitely they will not overstay their I94 date. Will filing I130 while they are visiting be considered as preconceived intent?

Yes, that is perfectly acceptable.
Law Office of Sylvia Ontaneda-Bernales | Sylvia Ontaneda-Bernales
The I-130 Petition is based on your US citizenship, not on your parents' visitor status. So you can file your petition during their visit but, as you already know, they will have to return to their country of origin by the date indicated on their I-94 and go through consular processing at home as they cannot file I-485 applications while in the US on a tourist visa.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
Filing and I-130 and applying for admission as B-2 tourists does not mix. Consult an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your situation.
Yes, you may file the I-130 for your parents if they are in the U.S. as visitors. If they intend to go back to their home country, they will attend the interview there. But if they have no plans of going back and they have been in the U.S. more than 60 days, you may file both I-130 and application for adjustment of status together and they will not have to leave the U.S.
Ben T. Liu Law Office
Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
You can file the I-130 and ask for consulate processing.
    You can file the I-130 while your parents are in the U.S. as long as they do not overstay their authorized stay and intend to seek consular processing.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    Yes. If you are a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years of age, you are permitted to file just the I-130 petitions for your parents while they are visiting the U.S. as tourists and they can immigrate to the U.S. at a later time through consular processing. However, please note that the filing of an I-130 petition may affect your parents ability to visit the U.S. in the future.
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
    Yes you can file an I130 with the request to obtain visa abroad.
    Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
    You can file both the I-130 & I-485 package while they are here. The Preconceived intent charge is not likely to be an issue; unless when filing for the B-2 visa they promised not to adjust.
    The Islas Muñoz Law Firm, PLLC
    The Islas Muñoz Law Firm, PLLC | Pamela Genghiní Muñoz
    If you file a form I-130 for your parents while they are here in the U.S. with a tourist visa, they have the requisite "lawful entry" to be able to adjust their status in the States through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services instead of having to consular process. And, if you are a U.S. citizen they are then the immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen which would mean that any unlawful presence they accumulate would be waived, but only if they remain in the U.S. until the adjustment process is completed. Being able to adjust status in the states rather than at the consulate is a big advantage.