Can I file my own transfer of a foreign judgment? 1 Answers as of August 03, 2011

Can I file my own transfer of a foreign judgment? Won a judgment against a customer who has not paid for product in OH court. Want to attach personal and/or business property in DE but need a transfer of judgment to do so. Can a non-lawyer file the transfer and get property attached? Please direct me toward a "How To" so I can accomplish this task.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ryan Legal Services, Inc.
Ryan Legal Services, Inc. | Kevin Ryan
You should check your local Clerk of Courts for the costs and procedure. You should not file legal documents on behalf of a Third Party, you can only proceed "pro se" (representing yourself) when it is SOLELY your own legal matter. If you are plaintiff (complainant) with the claim, and you solely obtained the Judgment, then you can file documents to transfer that judgment to the appropriate forum AND commence proceedings to collect the Debt. You are on the flip side subject to all of the applicable state and federal laws applicable to debt collection, and you are still liable if you violate the laws while not knowing what they are. An attorney who handles collection matters would be appropriate here.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 8/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: