Can I file a lawsuit for nondisclosure that the property I purchased is in a high risk zone? 5 Answers as of March 21, 2014

I purchased a property in 2007. All parties involved said it wasn't in a flood plain including the bank. Went to refinance in 2012 and it was in high risk zone. The property had flooded 2 years prior to purchase and again 2 years after. Now I can't get a buyer at any price and will default on loan. Can I file a lawsuit?

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Potentially you could have for fraud. But its a 6 year statute of limitation that may be blown given that you have not filed yet. By the way the 2012 issue was probably a revision (expansion) to the 100 year flood plain maps from the U.S. government in 2010 or so, it was not necessarily based upon your flooding issues.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq. | Stacy Joel Safion
That should have been stated in the hazard disclosure report that you received.
Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
Possibly, you should speak with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
Law Office of Barry R. Levine | Barry R. Levine, Esq.
What wasn't in a flood zone in 2007, may very well be in a floor zone today. The Feds changed the boundaries. You should speak to an attorney who specializes in this type of law.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
You should have a lawyer evaluate the exact representations, etc., but it appears you have a case worth investigating.