Can I file a lawsuit against my apartment complex? 2 Answers as of August 08, 2013

Is there some lawsuit I can file against my apartment complex? I received a letter approx a week before July 30th 2013 from my complex stating that they would be doing some updates and changing faucets. Sometime on the morning of the 30th the maintenance men were in my apartment EVEN IN MY BEDROOM BATHROOM while I was asleep and I never knew! Not only that maybe neighbor notified me that the keys they used to enter my apartment where left in the door and my door slightly ajar. It is now week later and my complex has still not notified me that the keys they had were missing. What can I do?

Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
If the Notice failed to specify the date and time of entry for repairs, then the entry was unlawful, and liability exists. The question of damages is a completely different question. Did you suffer emotional distress from this entry if so, how may visits to a mental health service provider? Did the entry result in some additional misconduct were pictures of you asleep published on the Internet? In short, it is not clear whether the amount of your damages justifies the risk of you getting sideways with your landlord by way of a small claims action, or whether the damages are sufficient to make it likely that an attorney would prosecute your claim for you on a percentage fee.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
What are your damages?