Can I file a lawsuit against a drug company for continual surgeries? 17 Answers as of June 26, 2013

I am trying to find a lawyer that could help with a possible Seroquel lawsuit or help my friend get into the class action suit that is pending. He was diagnosed with diabetes after starting seroquel and almost died from pancreatitis which led to him being put into a coma and having his stomach opened up. This was two years ago and he is still having surgeries and medical issues from the pancreatitis. I have documentation of all of this.

A. Daniel Woska & Associates, P.C.
A. Daniel Woska & Associates, P.C. | Dan Woska
Locate an attorney familiar with the Seroquel class action and see about putting together a claim for your friend. The adverse reactions suffered by your friend when taking Seroquel are subject to a 2 year statute of limitations claim and need to be addressed as soon as possible.
Many individual lawsuits have been filed involving Seroquel. There is a suit pending wherein the attorneys are seeking class action certification. I would advise searching the internet for an attorney who works on cases involving Seroquel.
Patrick M Lamar Attorney
Patrick M Lamar Attorney | Patrick M Lamar
I would call Beasley, Allen in Montgomery they are experts in drug cases.
The Law Firm of Reed & Mansfield
The Law Firm of Reed & Mansfield | Jonathan C. Reed
As you are probably aware there has been a settlement of a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer of this drug. If you are looking for representation and would like to call me and make an appointment I will talk to you and see if you can participate in this settlement.
I am unaware of pending Seroquel litigation. Your best bet is to google "seroquel claim" and see what you get.
    LT Pepper Law
    LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
    There may be suit but there may be statute of limitation issues and when you were put on notice. You will need to review this situation with a lawyer immediately.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Yes you can, but you should go with the class action.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    Oliver Law Office
    Oliver Law Office | Jami Oliver
    Keep in mind that your friend would be the one who needs to sign any paperwork or approve any pleading should there be a viable case to pursue unless, of course, someone has a Power of Attorney for him or her.
    To prove such a case, you must have a medical chart (all of it) and you must find a Doctor who agrees that the drug caused the problems. If you have those things you should be able to plow ahead. but you can't go without a Doctor on your side.
    Rudolph F. X. Migliore, P. C.
    Rudolph F. X. Migliore, P. C. | Rudolph F. X. Migliore
    Unfortunately, most jurisdictions have dismissed seroquel cases on the grounds that they did not scientifically accept the causal relation between seroqual and diabetes. There are some cases pending in New Jersey where the same causal relation issue is being litigated. The likelihood of success in that jurisdiction is not promising. As a result, I am unaware of any law firms that are now accepting retainers in this matter.
    Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
    Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
    On behalf of your friend, contact your local bar association to be referred to plaintiff's' attorneys who handle medical malpractice claims and cases. It appears that only your friend would have standing to initiate or be involved in ongoing litigation since he incurred the injury as well as pain and suffering from the seroquel.
    Law Offices of Richard Copeland, LLC
    Law Offices of Richard Copeland, LLC | Richard Copeland
    BEWARE OF THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS. The statute of limitations is two years in Colorado against any health care provider, and it is also two years on most negligence claims. I highly recommend finding a firm in a major city that handles cases involving Seroquel, particularly since there may be very little time before limitations runs.
    I would google "seroquel" and "legal representation" or "lawyer" and contact the lawyers whose names pop up.
    Wilson & Hajek,LLC, a personal injury law firm
    Wilson & Hajek,LLC, a personal injury law firm | Francis Hajek
    A personal injury lawyer should be consulted as soon as possible. There is a two year statute of limitations in Virginia. The period runs from the date the injury victim knew or should have known of the relationship of the problem to the drug. Given that ther is a two year history of problems, there could be a problem.