Can I file a I-30 Petition for husband to speed up immigration? 6 Answers as of June 13, 2011

I am a citizen, can I file a petition for my husband to speed up the process after his sister has already filed for him in April 2001 and the petition was approved?

Yes, you should be able to substitute your petition for that of your husband's sister and greatly expedite the process by so doing. Make sure that you clarify with the appropriate district office what your intent is.
Nobody is beyond the law. You can't speed up something because citizen marries alien. However, you can do so to get him an immigration visa so that he receive green card sooner. It is a different process.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
It appears your husband is protected under 245i. Yes, you could file for him, provided he doesn't have other issues (Previous deportation, trouble with the Immigration border patrol while trying to enter the US, many other issues have to be discussed...). It takes quite a few years for a visa to be available through a petition filed by a US sister...11 to 23 years depending on the country of birth. It will take about 4 months through an American citizen spouse.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
since US citizen can petition for their spouse without waiting for the visa availability, it is generally faster. But if visa number becomes available based on his sister's case, you may not need to file a new I-130. It will depend on many other factors, such as if your husband is already in the US.
Yes of course. As a U.S. Citizen concurrently file both I-130 & I-485. You use the sisters I-130 for 245(I) purposes. If filed correctly your husband will have work authorization within 90 days. Contact my office if you need further assistance.
    Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
    Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
    Yes. And you should. The cases I handle that are like yours, I am able to finish them in 3 and 1/2 months. You can file for adjustment of status for your husband, but certain requirements must be met. Consult with a lawyer.