Can I file I-131 with I-485? 3 Answers as of April 30, 2015

I received my citizenship few weeks ago and I want to apply for my wife who is currently living with me in the US. We got married here in the US last year. She entered the US back in 2012 (that's when we started dating) via F1 visa which expired the same year. I want to know if I can file forms I-131 concurrently with I-485. Thanks for your help .

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
In connection with a marriage-based Form I-485 Adjustment of Status application, one may succeed with a Form I-131 application for Advance Parole (a "travel document") only if the foreign national spouse was in lawful status at the time the application was filed. If your wife has been out of status since late-2012, she will not be eligible for a Form I-131 application, and she will need to wait until her I-485 application is approved before she may travel outside of the U.S. and re-enter the U.S.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/30/2015
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
As long as she is eligible to adjust status in the US, you can file these applications concurrently.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/30/2015
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
Yes. You should be filing Forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, G-325's, and I-864.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/30/2015
Click to View More Answers: