Can I file harassment charges? Posted on May 01, 2011

I received a message electronically from an estranged family member. The message was offensive and threatening. I did not respond to the message. I currently live in New York State- I was just wondering what kind of legal action could be taken against this individual? I understand that there is a law against cyberbullying...could this pertain to my situation? If you could give me any advice, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: