Can I file for separation in a state other than where I live? 1 Answers as of August 09, 2011

I am living in Ohio with my husband & 2 children. Previously he was military & we moved a few times and ended up in Ohio, his home state, when he got out of the military. I want to get a separation/divorce, but I would not be able to stay in Ohio due to expenses. I would like to move to my home state of Ma, but I don't know how to go about doing it. Not currently separated or divorced but don't want to be charged with kidnapping either. Thank you

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
Your questions are very specific and require too much information to completely answer here. Please discuss this with a local domestic relations attorney.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 8/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: