Can I file for residency if I was approved for the deferred action program and now am married to a US citizen? 9 Answers as of December 04, 2013

It depends on whether you are eligible or not. DACA and permanent residency are not the same and the requirements for one are not the same as the requirements for the other. Just because you may have been eligible for DACA does not necessarily mean you are eligible for permanent residence through adjustment of status. If you entered the US lawfully and married a US citizen, you are. If you entered the US unlawfully, you are not, even if you are married to a US citizen. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
If you are now married to a U.S. citizen willing to file your paperwork, you might be able to get a green card. However, I must point out that there are several issues you must consider because the requirements for deferred action are vastly different from applying for a green card and the procedures are not the same. You should either consult with an experienced immigration attorney or try to educate yourself as to the requirements for adjustment of status.
Yes, you can.
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
YES, if the last entered the US with a visa or border crossing card. Your USC wife needs to file an I-130 petition with supporting documents.
Yes, I would file the papers.
    The answer will depend upon how you entered the United States.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    Yes, you can apply for a green card. The applications process depends on how you last entered the U.S.
    Vladimir Parizher
    Vladimir Parizher | Vladimir Parizher
    You need probably to start from petition I-130 and file with it all others, required, which will include adjustment of status I-485 form. You need to collect all required documents for number of your petitions. You need to see if you qualify in terms of support. But, it is not you, but your U.S. citizen-spouse who needs petition for you.
    Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC
    Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC | William J. Vasquez
    A person may file a petition for a spouse if they are a legal permanent resident or a United States citizen. A person that has DACA still has a problem and that is they are Inadmissible because they were never inspected by immigration. It is important that you get in contact with an attorney to advice you as you may qualify for advance parole and then apply for a legal permanent resident card here in the United States.