Can I file for my green card under my underage daughter? 2 Answers as of June 14, 2011

I am trying to apply for american status under my daughter. Is there any way possible I can do that? She is only 5 months old.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
To answer this question, it is necessary to know your immigration status and where you are now living. If you are a US citizen, and your child was born outside of the US, you should register her birth at the Embassy where she lives as "Report of Birth of a US Citizen Abroad."
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/14/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No you cannot. She would have to be at least 21 in order to sponsor you into the US. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: