Can I file for my fiance's visa? 1 Answers as of July 26, 2011

My children's father was deported from Kentucky 9 years ago. During that time I had wrote a letter detesting his deportation but was unheard. I explained in the letter that his sister was killed in 98 and mother dropped dead nearly after 1 day of returning to N.Y. and seeing her son who she hasn't seen since his sister funeral in April 98. His mom passed away from a seizure and heart attack. She died 2 weeks shy of her daughter's death the prior year on Good Friday. My kids father who was working for a driving company and had to contribute his savings to her funeral nearlylost his mind and contemplated suicide frequently after his mom death in N.Y. He left N.Y. and headed south with a mindset that he no longer wanted to live. He needed time away and perhaps him surrounding himself with his siblings that resided in Georgia for a little while he could somehow pull it together and soon after return to N.Y. That wasn't the case at all. Instead he ended up staying longer than expected. No longer working but hustling his way through life. The next time I saw him was in April 2000 for 5 minutes. The following was in September 2000 and monthly thereafter. That Christmas he made up in his mind he would return for good to take care of his family. He stated seeing his family together and so happy he vowed to continue to make many happy days. He returned to the south with hopes of returning after New Years Day. Instead he was locked up for drug trafficking and from there deported. Christmas 2000 would be the last Christmas him and his children spent together as a family. It also has been the last day my children who are now 18, 16 and 12 have seened their dad. I was considering filing for a fiancee visa for him because life for his children have gotten very critical without their dad. My son has grown into a resentful and very angry teenager, so has my 18 year old and now more recently I'm seeing the same characteristics flaws in my 12 year old.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Not withstanding the significant humanitarian considerations, a conviction for dealing drugs renders an alien inadmissible and no waiver exists. As a consequence it is unlikely that he will be allowed to return.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: