Can I file for a green card or citizenship? 6 Answers as of May 03, 2011

I am married since October 2009 and since then my husband moved without me and won't help me file for the green card. I have not heard from him in a long time. He constantly changes his number so I cannot reach him anywhere. What can I do? Can I file it without him? I have been living here in the State for 4 years now since 2007 can I file for a citizenship? Please help me thanks.

Yes you can, providing you are still married. I can see a way forward for you under the Violence Against Women Act, but more needs to be known. Please consult an attorney who is competent in the VAWA. Should be a clear case. Good luck!
yes you can self petition under VAWA (Violence against women act); if your husband ever threatened you mentally or physically. Contact my office for a free consultation.
You haven't clarified as to what your current immigration status is, i.e., illegal or legal, and therefore an answer to your question cannot be provided.
You cannot file for a green card based on marriage to a USC unless you are together. If this person abused you then you may be eligible for a VAWA petition. Then you would be filing for a green card on your own, without his assistance. Depending upon your circumstances and where you are from, you may also be eligible for asylum, the U visa or other visa options.
It is possible but difficult. Normally you have to wait for your husband to petition. However, the VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) law allows an alien who has been married but subject to domestic violence or abandonment to self-petition. Your husband's mistake is that he did not divorce you. You can now petition, but also file for divorce at the same time, and successfully get a determination by the court that domestic violence or neglect was a part of the actions that triggered the divorce. If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to schedule a live or phone consultation with me, via phone or e-mail.
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
    You may be eligible to apply for immigration benefits under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) due to your husband's refusal to petition for you. Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to review your case and determine the options available to you.