Can I file for divorce and child support if my husband is not able to be found? Posted on May 09, 2011

My husband left us 6 yrs ago and moved to New Mexico. I filed for child support but did not succeed. He was unable to be found. 4 years ago after he almost found he called me and told me the money is in the mail. But afterward I never hear from him or receive any support. On 2008 I have to move back to my parents in Jakarta Indonesia. I can't afford living in Hawaii anymore. Currently I am still living in Jakarta but planning to move back to Honolulu or other State. Before I move I want to file for my divorce and custody for my son and child support. Do you think I can do it from here or I have to make a trip to Honolulu? Or could I just go to US Embassy here and do it here?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: