Can I file for custody of my children because they are being exposed to an HIV positive person? 1 Answers as of May 26, 2011

My wife and I have 4 kids and had no problems between us until her mother came 7 weeks ago and she was diagnosed with HIV. I'm not ok with her being around because we 2 month old twins that were born early, over the last 3 weeks the woman has been sick coughing and sneezing and both of the twins started doing the same, and my 2 year was very sick too coughing non-stop and sneezing, until she went to the doctor and she was given 4 different types of medicine. Bottom-line now is, my wife doesn't seem to see reason with me about the mother leaving the house, can I file for custody of my 4 children based on the fact that they are being exposed to an HIV positive person against my will and their will?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
That is a tough question! I would recommend that you consult with a divorce attorney in your community and discuss ALL the facts and circumstances. Frankly, it appears you have a tough case, in my opinion, based upon the limited facts submitted, but your attorney can discuss with you all your rights and options. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: