Can I file for citizenship if my card expired in 2005 and never renewed it because I never travel or should I renew it now? 7 Answers as of December 10, 2013

Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
If you have been a legal resident (green card) for at least 5 years and assuming you meet all other requirements for naturalization, you may apply for citizenship, and the fact that your green card has expired does not mean that your status as a legal resident expired. I will still suggest that you consult with an attorney.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
You have to renew your permanent resident card first. Because your card has to be valid for at least 6 months when you apply for naturalization.
You will need to renew your card first before being able to apply for citizenship.
You can file for citizenship with an expired lawful permanent resident card. Very truly yours,
You can try to renew your card now.