Can I file for child support in the US if my child is out of the country? Posted on May 25, 2011

My ex-husband resides in the US. I am also in the United States. My child is in another country, and he is not allowing me to bring him (written permission). Can I file for child support in the US? I have a child support decree in my own country, but our countries do not have a treaty. Most likely I will not be able to enforce it in the US. What can I do to file it in the US, can I?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: