Can I file for a change of status on my visa? Posted on July 15, 2011

My brother applied I-130 in 2008 for me and my other brothers in pakistan.Me and my wife got b1/b2 visa from islamabad usa consulate in 2010 and came here to take care of my sister in law who ws suffring from cancer. She got better and we went back in july 2010 and now my mother got green card and she came to usa but fell ill. From the very first day of her arrival she got SHINGLE and while her ultra sound doctors says she has big cysts in her belly which must needed to be operate she has recived her green card but in Virginia state there is no health insurance on green card. I again came to see her on 4th of june 2011. My question is that approval of 130 it is a long time process and I dont want to leave my mother in this condition. I have approved 42 days leaves from my job in pakistan which are going to be finished at 24th of july 2011 .CAN MY BROTHER file change of status for me in this case. I mean my i130 date is so long can i get it approved earlier as this is 2nd life threating case of my family. I already lost my elder brother in 2007 here with kidney failure and presently my brother who is our sponosor is doing all the expenses. I want to help him by doing some work too but on b2 status I cant work and cant even drive to take my mother to doctor and hospital please guide if it is possible so i contact your office.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: