Can I file for bankruptcy to relieve myself of the mortgage liability ordered by divorce court? 9 Answers as of August 08, 2016

It depends, bankruptcy can relieve you a debt for a property settlement, including your liability on a mortgage but bankruptcy can't relieve you of a support obligation.? You should have a bankruptcy attorney review your divorce decree to advise you on whether the mortgage debt is treated as a property settlement or a support obligation.
Maybe. You will need to have some one review the divorce file with you. You'll have to pay for one hour of an experienced attorney's time.
This is a very delicate area of law and I suggest you contact a local bankruptcy attorney to schedule an in-person consultation.
You can eliminate owing a mortgage debt TO THE MORTGAGE COMPANY in Chapter 7 but this will not eliminate the responsibility to either your ex spouse or your children, if any. It might be possible to eliminate the obligation to your ex spouse to pay the mortgage in Chapter 13 but the precise wording of the divorce court decision will be crucial.
Not an easy question to answer. The statutes [see 11 USC sec. 101(14A) and 11 USC sec. 522(a)(5)] on their face say that any debt allocated or to be allocated by a divorce court is not dischargeable in a chapter 7. (A property settlement, as opposed to maintenance or child support) may be dischargeable in a Ch. 13. Consult an experienced bankruptcy lawyer in your area.