Can I file for an appeal if I have been denied unemployment due to voluntary quitting? 8 Answers as of November 06, 2013

I want to appeal this. I have written support for my position of facts. I was told that anything I sent to them would be sent to my ex-employer. Would allowing my ex-employer access to my fact be stupid or reasonable?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
You can file an appeal, however if you voluntarily quit, then you are not eligible for unemployment.
Law Office of Nathan Wagner
Law Office of Nathan Wagner | Nathan J. Wagner
If you really did voluntarily quit (and were not forced to quit), then you do not qualify for unemployment benefits and would not win your appeal. Also, if you have already had a hearing and want to appeal the decision from that hearing, you may not be allowed to introduce new evidence. The appeal usually only considers evidence given at the first hearing. In the end, only you can say how important it is to you to keep your facts secret, so only you can decide whether it is stupid or reasonable to allow your former employer to see this evidence.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
You can file the appeal. I don't see how giving the employer your statement would be unreasonable.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I do not have enough info to answer this question. Yes, in GA, the employer is to receive a copy of your appeal documents. No secret communications. It is difficult to quit in GA and receive UI, but it is possible. It must be BOTH a good reason, and a work related reason. A very good personal reason does not win unless it is also work related.
It doesn't matter whether it is stupid or reasonable, each side has the right to see what the other side is going to say. There are a few issues that allow a person to receive unemployment when they voluntarily quit, e.g. unethical conduct by employer, dangerous situation. You need to look up the statutes and regs and figure out if they apply to you. If so, file your appeal.