Can I file a complaint against the parole officer? 6 Answers as of February 01, 2013

My ex-boyfriend is on parole for shooting a cop. He is on parole. I have a restraining order on him and he violated it so many times. The state picked it up and charged him with two class A misdemeanors. Shouldn't this be a parole violation and he be sent back to jail? I am in fear of my children's safety and my life. His parole officer and him grew up together and I know she is not following through with things as she should. After he was charged by the state and part of his bond is no contact with me he called social services on me, this was found as additional harassment by the prosecutor and social worker. His parole officer then called to try to get information on the report. I live in MO. I would also like to know what could happen to him.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Hopefully they will send him back to prison.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/1/2013
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
His conduct should result in a parole violation. If you believe there is questionable conduct by the parole officer, contact the person one step higher than the parole officer's supervisor. Share your concerns and violation issues.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/31/2013
Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
You may be able to file your complaint by contacting the Maryland Parole Board.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 1/31/2013
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
Contact the local police department if this guy harasses you and keep having charges pressed against him. As for the parole situation, you have no certainty that he is in cahoots with his parole officer, and would strongly suggest you not go there, as you might be the subject of a civil slander or libel suit.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 1/31/2013
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Call the probation department and ask for the p.o.'s supervisor. Also, talk with the prosecutor about the issues. They generally notify parole. Tell them about your concerns.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/31/2013
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law | Mark A. Broughton
    No, it is very unlikely that you could sue the parole officer - unless something were to happen to you that could have been prevented if parole had taken action. That would be a tough case in any event, but one of the keys to it would be notice. Parole will probably say they didn't know, or that there was no condition of his parole that covered you specifically. So, send a letter to the parole officer of your complaints, what has been happening to you - lay it out - as well as your grievance that parole has not taken any action. Send it certified mail, or have it served on parole by a process server who can sign a proof of service forms. Send copies of it to all the chain of command in the parole office, and the Board of Prison Terms (or whatever the agency is in your state under which parole falls). Serve a copy of it on the police, sheriff, and district attorney. You might want to consult with an attorney to help you with this because if you should ever be called to testify later, whatever you write could later be used by you ex-boyfriends' attorney. A letter from an attorney would probably be a more effective means of doing this and his words could not be used against you later. And whenever any incident happens, make sure you report it (and make them take a written report). Best of luck to you!
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/31/2013
Click to View More Answers: