Can I file a claim against the girl who caused my injury for medical visits? 11 Answers as of May 19, 2014

This girl at a party has thrown alcohol bottles, cans and anything she could find in the kitchen. I have bruises and have been in the hospital twice. My insurance covered all the bills. I would like to sue her but since my insurance paid for my bills, can I still sue her for my medical visit?

You can sue her for pain and suffering, IF you have the $ 5000 for the retainer.
Yes but you should sue her not only for your pain and suffering but also the medical bills. The insurance company gets to get reimbursed out of any settlement. Insurance companies often sue people at fault for the money they have to pay out if the persons are liable for the injuries.
Kirby G. Moss PC | Kirby G. Moss
You can sue her, but collecting any award obtained would be difficult as no insurance would cover such conduct.
Your insurance company will probably be entitled to get their money back, but you would have a claim for pain and suffering and punitive (punishment) damages. If you pressed charges criminally, you would probably want to request "restitution" to pay you for those damages. Get with the prosecutors.
You can, but you will have to repay the insurance company for what it paid.
    Not very clear. I assume she threw things not" in the kitchen" but at you. if so you can sue her for assault. Small claims court is good spot for your effort. but if you win can you collect. That is always a problem with sorry propel
    Yes, and you'll probably have to sue her for your medical bills, too, as your health insurance will probably claim a right for reimbursement. Her parents' homeowners insurance will probably provide coverage for her.
    Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
    Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
    You can sue for copays and pain and suffering. If it is minor, don't bother. That is what insurance is for.
    D. R. Phillips Law Firm, LLC
    D. R. Phillips Law Firm, LLC | Randy Phillips
    You can file suit for the injuries you sustained. Your medical insurance company will have subrogation rights so you will have to repay them for the expenses they have incurred.
    You went to the hospital for bruises? Your medical bills were paid by your insurance and now you want something more. I could introduce you to some people who have some real injuries. If you don't like her form of entertainment, go to other parties for a while.
    Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
    Definitely, yes. You should get up to 2 or 3 times your medical bills.