Can I file a civil class action lawsuit against a company for deceiving the public and false advertisement? Posted on September 19, 2010

I found an advertisement in the newspaper selling laptop computers at a very low price. The advertisement gives absolutely no information on the laptop. I called them to purchase it but I was not too concerned about asking questions about the laptop except for the brand because I figured I was getting a laptop at a good price. They did not give any information about the product over the phone either. After I purchased it I called them a few days later to get the size of the laptop because I wanted to purchase a case for it and they told me it measured 8.5 x 4.5 (a mini laptop). I was very disappointed. I thought I was getting a full size laptop. Even the picture in the paper gave the impression it was a full size laptop. I am sure there are a lot of people that thought it was full size and are also very disappointed. My question is: can I file a civil class action lawsuit against this company for deceiving the public and false advertisement? Thank you.