Can I file child support against my wife? 4 Answers as of October 07, 2013

My wife left me in Oct. 2012. I have and take care of my son since that time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
In NJ and NY the Courts are "gender neutral". Child support is based upon the child's needs and the non-custodial parent's ability to pay. Both states have specific guidelines that the Courts must follow when awarding child-support.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 10/7/2013
Eric Johnson
Eric Johnson | Eric Johnson
By all means, yes.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 10/7/2013
Gottlieb & Goren, P.C.
Gottlieb & Goren, P.C. | Aaron W. Goren
Yes, in a divorce or separate maintenance suit.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/7/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Yes, and you should.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/7/2013
Click to View More Answers: