Can I file a child custody case in another city? 1 Answers as of May 25, 2011

We went to court for custody of our daughter and received 50/50 physical and legal custody. We need to go back to court for another matter and possibly for custody again. If I live in a new city, can I file an amendment in the city I now live in?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
You can file to have the case transferred to the new Virginia jurisdiction where you are now living.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: