Can I file chapter 13 or will it help my court fines which are in two states? 7 Answers as of September 26, 2016

I owe over $20,000 in court fines. I'm wanting to consolidate them into one payment. Is there any way I can do this?

You can do that in a Ch13. See local counsel so it done right.
As a nondischargeable debt, criminal fines can be paid in a Chapter 13, but only under certain conditions.
They are not dischargeable in a BK. But you can do a Chapter 13, and pay those fines over 36 to 60 months.
Garner Law Office
Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
Yes, a chapter 13 is a good way to manage paying those fines. But it will cost you more money, between the attorney fees and the trustee taking a percentage of every payment. Therefore, it makes more economic sense if you have other debt you can discharge in the bankruptcy.
You could do this by filing Chapter 13, but it might be a lot less expensive to borrow the money to repay these fines. Chapter 13 comes with a lot of fees that can substantially increase the cost to you.