Can I file chapter 13 and retain my property within the 10 days after auction? 10 Answers as of October 01, 2014

Don't you think it might have helped if you had indicated what kind of property you are talking about and whether the auction took place 10 days before you filed Chapter 13 or 10 days afterwards? How do you expect a volunteer lawyer to help you when you don't provide any meaningful information about your situation?
In Ohio, like most states, you must file Chapter 13 before the auction occurs. In a few states, you can file Chapter 13 after the auction but before your right of redemption expires. Talk to a local attorney.
After the auction you don't own your property anymore. It has been deeded to a new owner or back to the bank.
D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law | D.J. Rausa
If the sale was complete and the deed recorded, then the property is no longer part of the bankruptcy estate.
In California, no. There is no redemption period. I am only licensed in California.
    Probably not, but I would need you to answer a lot of questions before I could render an opinion. Contact an attorney for a face to face meeting, and be ready to pay for the advice. Good luck!
    Your question is not specific enough to allow an answer, but generally after auction is too late.
    Steele, George, Schofield & Ramos, LLP
    Steele, George, Schofield & Ramos, LLP | Alan E. Ramos
    If you are in California and your property was sold in a foreclosure auction, there is virtually no chance that you can save the property, with or without bankruptcy. The only exception is if you can prove that the foreclosing lender had no right to sell the property or there was some gross impropriety in the sale.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    In New Jersey it depends on which Judge you get. It is called the Deed vs. gavel rule, which means that it depends on whether the Judge you get follows that the Sale is complete when the gavel at the auction comes down or when the Deed is transferred.
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    NO. The 10 days is to object to sale for some reason. The best policy is to file before the sale date.