Can I file a case if we have joint custody but she's not following court order? 6 Answers as of May 15, 2014

My girlfriend and I have a son in Arizona. I left Arizona and moved to California. I fought for custody and lost. We have joint custody but she maintained being the custodial parent rights. She was ordered to let me have him for summer vacations, alternating holidays, and she is to work with me on all decisions regarding his schooling, healthcare, etc. She moved him to another city and signed him into a year round school. His summer vacation consists of 30 days a year and the rest of the time he is in school. She did not consult with me before she did this. She has also cut off all email (court ordered as the preferred method), web cam conversations (court ordered as an option and she allowed it for the first few months then disconnected the cam) and I'm supposed to have frequent calls with him (court ordered) which she has limited to a 10 minute call once a month. I want to file something in Arizona to make her follow the court order, or use this to get the custody changed to me, but I don't know what forms to file or what laws have been broken.

Heller Law Office, PLC | Donna Heller
Just as not all cases are one size fits all and each family situation is unique, so too with court filings. Of course meeting personally with an attorney, even telephonically, would be best, to get an in-depth perspective. It sounds to me as though your biggest complaint is that the current orders are not being followed. You may want to simply consider a Petition to Enforce the Decree.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You have to deal with the court in AZ. You would need advice from an attorney in AZ.
James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
Arizona probably has some family law self help programs. Contact the court that issued the present order and find out what help is available.
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
You need to file your case in AZ. You would need to speak to an AZ lawyer.
Please consult with an experienced Arizona family law attorney to explore your legal options. This website is for California law questions.