Can I file a case after ex threw away everything I owned at her house? 2 Answers as of September 19, 2016

My ex and I just got done battling through a huge break up. She took everything that I ever owned in her house and said she threw in the trash. I told her she had no right to throw any of my belongings away and didn't even give me a due date when to come pick up my stuff. She literally threw everything away. I had a radar detector that was around $500 all my clothes, a car amplifier, motorcycle jacket and more riding gear, and so much more to list. I called the cops and they said the only thing I can do is take her to small claims. Now, small claims here is $7,500 maximum. I calculated around $5,200 and that's me being nice by finding my items I paid full price for and found them online for cheaper, because I don't want to be mean to her. She literally ruined my life and when I said I was going to take her to court, she used some bullshit excuse saying there might have been drugs in all my stuff so it had to go away. This is not fair to me and I really hope there is something that can be done, since literally, everything went out the window and will never be seen again. Winter is coming and I just bought a nice north face jacket that she threw away too!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
I agree that small claims court is your answer. It is a simple process, forms can be obtained at any Court Clerk's office or online ion the Colorado Judicial website (self help forms). It works just like those shows on TV (Judge Joe, People?s Court, Judge Judy, etc.).
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/19/2016
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
Arguably that is a felony criminal case of Criminal Mischief or Theft and it is Domestic Violence. This could be a civil case. A lawyer could send a threatening letter for $$ damages. So, yeah.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/19/2016
Click to View More Answers: