Can I file bankruptcy? 4 Answers as of August 27, 2010

I had to foreclose on my house a few months ago. I am faced with financial problems that I do not think I will be able to escape. To make matters worse, I recently lost my job. I have previously filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. That bankruptcy was discharged in 2002. Can I file bankruptcy at this time?

You are able to file every 8 years. So, the issue will be when you filed and when the case was discharged in 2002. Either way, you should be able to file in 2011. But as long as it has been 8 years since your previous case, you can file again.
Ariano & Reppucci
Ariano & Reppucci | Chris Ariano
You must wait 8 years from the date of your last filing to file another Chapter 7 bankruptcy. To discuss further, please contact us.
It depends on when in 2002 your chapter 7 case was filed. It must be 8 years from the date your last case was filed to file another Chapter 7. You could file a Chapter 13 now for sure (assuming you are otherwise eligible).