Can I file bankruptcy if I cannot make even minimum credit card payments due to life changing situation? 12 Answers as of September 18, 2017

My house is homesteaded - pension and social security is my only income.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
You need to see competent counsel. The decision to file involves many factors.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/18/2017
GARCIA & GONZALES, P.C. | Richard N. Gonzales
Probably yes, but you probably should meet with an attorney. I am assuming your equity does not exceed the homestead exemption amount, but I have no way of knowing without conducting an interview.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/15/2017
Charles Schneider, P.C.
Charles Schneider, P.C. | Charles J. Schneider
That would be a yes.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/14/2017
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
Yes, you can.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 9/14/2017
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
Yes, you can declare bankruptcy.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 9/14/2017
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney