Can I file bankruptcy if I am not behind on my secure loans just my credit cards and I can’t pay? 15 Answers as of September 09, 2015

We bring home $4480 a month. Our spending is $4424 a month.

Underwood & Riemer, P.C.
Underwood & Riemer, P.C. | James D. Patterson
Yes. You can file bankruptcy if you are current on all your loans. You may qualify for chapter 7 depending on your family size. Certainly speak to a bankruptcy attorney in your area and you can discharge those unsecured credit cards.
Although you can file bankruptcy under the circumstances you describe, you have not provided enough information to convince me that you should file. Other options may be available to you.
That would be a yes.
CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW
CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW | Carl C Silver
That would be a yes.
Freeman Law Group, LLC
Freeman Law Group, LLC | Derek Freeman
Whether or not you can file bankruptcy depends on facts that you haven't shared here. If you earn less than the median income for your state, and if you haven't received a discharge in a chapter 7 bankruptcy within the last 8 years, you will probably qualify for a chapter 7. Whether you should file is another matter. For instance, if you own non-exempt property that would end up being liquidated in a chapter 7, you may not want to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy. You should examine your situation, and talk it over with a local attorney before deciding if you should file bankruptcy. I can tell you this - not being behind on your secured loan payments does not disqualify you from filing bankruptcy.