Can I file an injured spouse with no income? Posted on January 31, 2011

My husband owes back spousal support to his ex-wife. The amount exceeds our expected tax return. I did not have any income for the year of 2010. We also had a baby in early 2010 (February). We are getting a credit on the tax return for our baby and also for my tuition interest on my student loans. When filing our taxes, is there any way to file an injured spouse form so they will give me my tuition credit and part of the child credit or does his ex-wife get our baby's credit and my student loan credits?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: