Can I file an immigration petition my whole family at the same time? 3 Answers as of May 05, 2011

I am a US Citizen and would like to petition for my father, my stepmother, and my stepbrother to become permanent resident in US. My father and my stepmother got married after my 18th birthday. Can I apply for all of them at the same time or I have to apply for my father first and then when he gets his green card, he can petition for my stepmother and stepbrother? Thanks.

You can certainly petition your father and NOT your stepmother and stepbrother since they married after you reached the age of 18. Your father will have to file for them after he gets his green card. Good luck!
You will need to file for your father and then he can file for the rest of the family!
You can petition your father since you are a U.S. Citizen. However, you cannot petition your step-mother or step-brother because she married your father after your 18th birthday. You would have to petition your father, and after he becomes a LPR he can petition them, which will take 3-7 years.